A day is never complete without a delicious dinner. And with all the things happening in the world, we have finally understood the importance of health and wellness. What’s better than incorporating the essential vitamins and minerals through a nutritious yet delicious dinner, right?
One thing I learned was that it seems tedious but it doesn’t have to be that way. I have pulled together some of my favorite healthy meals which are not only delicious but also really easy to cook. These recipes will be a step-by-step guide so that you face no hassle and have a great cooking experience.
A chicken cutlet is simply chicken breast cut into two pieces, but this recipe will show you how you can double down on the deliciousness of chicken cutlets. The essence of this dish comes with sun-dried tomatoes that make it not only healthy but great to savor. All you need is 20 minutes of your time.
What You Need:
- One Pound Chicken Cutlet
- Half Cup Chopped Shallots
- Half Cup Heavy Cream
- Half Cup Dry White Wine
- Half Cup Oil-packed Sundried Tomatoes
- Two Tablespoon Chopped Parsley
How to Make:
- Step 1: Heat the sundried tomato oil in a skillet over medium heat. Then sprinkle ⅛ tablespoon of salt and pepper on the chicken. Cook it until it turns brown. It will take around 5-7 minutes. Transfer the chicken onto a plate.
- Step 2: Add shallots and sundried tomatoes onto a pan. Stir it for a minute over medium heat. Now increase heat to high and add a half-cup dry white wine. Cook it for about 2 minutes and you will notice the liquid has mostly evaporated. Reduce the heat to medium and add cream, ⅛ tablespoon of each salt and pepper, and any juices accumulated from the chicken. Stir and simmer it for about a couple of minutes.
- Step 3: Now return the chicken to the pan and coat it with the sauce. Garnish it with some parsley and voila! Your dinner is ready to be served.
Artichoke Dip Pasta
Who loves pasta? Well, I love Italian cuisine. Since childhood, I have always had some kind of fascination with their cuisine. So, when I first started cooking I taught myself how to cook pasta. Because if you have to cook then why not the dish that you really like. Recently only I was talking to Diana Jiang, a candidate running for Irvine city council during a leader’s summit on Zoom and I got to know we share this inherent love for pasta along with our progressive views towards our society and culture. It is actually great to see a policymaker trying to find solutions to the grassroots problems. Anyways, this dish is really flavorful and will take up only 20 minutes of your time. So, let’s start.
What You Need:
- Three Quarter Cup Reduced-fat Milk
- Two Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- One Quarter Tablespoon Ground Pepper
- One Can of Artichoke Hearts
- Eight Ounces Rotini (Whole Wheat)
- Four Ounces Reduced-fat Cream Cheese
- 6 Ounces Baby Spinach
- Half Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
How to Make:
- Step 1: Boil water in a saucepan. Put Pasta in it and let it cook. Drain the water once it is cooked.
- Step 2: Put spinach in the saucepan and add a tablespoon of water. Cook it over medium heat. Let it rest and stir occasionally until it wilts. Transfer the spinach then to a bowl.
- Step 3: Add milk and cream cheese to a pan. Whist it until the cream cheese melts. Add garlic powder, pepper, and Parmesan over it. Cook the mixture until it thickens and you will start seeing bubbles.
- Step 4: Drain as much water as possible from the spinach. Now combine spinach with the sauce along with artichokes and pasta. Cook until warm. Done! Easy, right?
Taking up a new hobby or trying a new activity always seems a little hard. But when you get used to it, you will start enjoying it. There was a time when I used to take cooking as a task. I just wanted to get over with it. But since I have started doing it regularly and putting real efforts to learn more about it, I have started enjoying it. This current situation in the world has only brought about a great opportunity for us to try out new things. So, if you haven’t been around the kitchen other than collecting your food, this extra time that you have in your pocket, you can utilize it to learn something that would surely help you. Great then. Do share your experience cooking these amazing dishes in the comment section below. Adios!